Community Based Day Programs
The Director of a community based day program shall possess the following minimum qualifications: a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 18 months of experience in the management of a human service delivery system, or five years of experience in human service delivery system (including at least two years in a management or supervisory system) The Supervisor of a community based day program shall possess the following minimum qualifications: Three years of experience in a human services delivery system, including at least one year in a comparable program or a bachelor’s degree in a human services related field; and the demonstration ability to provide staff training, supervision and planning.
The Supervisor of a community based day program shall possess the following minimum qualifications: Three years of experience in a human services delivery system, including at least one year in a comparable program or a bachelor’s degree in a human services related field; and the demonstration ability to provide staff training, supervision and planning.
If you meet the above mentioned experience requirements, please submit a letter of intent with the following information:
- The type of program that you are going to provide (please refer to Title 17 Chapter 3, Subchapter 5, Articles 2 and 3 to become more familiar with the types of day programs)
- If your program is going to be site based, include the license from Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing
- Resumes and letter(s) of reference. Resume and Letters of Reference must verify the experience of the director and supervisor. Resumes must also reflect experience in your specialty area, based on our identified needs.
Please send Letters of Intent to: Regional Center of East Bay Attn: Senior Resource Specialist, 500 Davis St. Suite 100, San Leandro, CA 94577. RCEB will respond, in writing, to your letter of intent in at least 45 days, please do not call to inquire about status of your letter.
Once we receive your Letter of Intent, it will be reviewed in at least 45 days. If you submit all necessary information and meet necessary experience requirements, then the following will apply:
- Submit a program design for review that presents the actual services you will provide and meets all of the requirements of Title 17 56710-56756; the Lanterman Act and Title 22 in addition to RCEB requirements. You will receive a program design checklist indicating all necessary sections. Please note that it will take at least 45 days for RCEB to complete first assessment of program design. It is possible that revisions to program design will be needed.
NOTE: If program design is not able to meet requirements after three submissions, vendorization process will be discontinued.
- Submit proof of liability insurance for at least $1,000,000
- Once program design has been approved, if applicable, RCEB will tour the site.
- Submit a completed copy of the RCEB Vendor Application, DS 1890 per Title 17, Section 54310(a) (1) through (10). NOTE: RCEB will only accept a vendor application after all requirements above are completed and approved.
- If applicable (depending on the type of program), you also will receive a rate statement, that is to be completed and returned, in order to be submitted to DDS.