How Can I Get Vaccinated?
Vaccine Information for Family Members – January 20, 2021
The letter below from the Department of Developmental Services clarifies that family members of certain people are “health care workers” pursuant to the State of California’s Vaccination Plan (https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/). Per the letter, the eligibility of these family members can be established by documentation from RCEB verifying the qualifying condition of the family member.
If your family member is served by RCEB, please use the individual’s Individual Program Plan (IPP) or Individual Family Service Plan(IFSP) as documentation. If you do not have a copy, please reach out to the case manager for your family member.
We cannot provide documentation for those who are NOT served by RCEB. However, if you believe you may be eligible for services please contact our intake department for information about how to apply. https://www.rceb.org/clients/am-i-eligible/
RCEB is NOT a vaccine provider. Please check with your county for information on how to access a COVID-19 vaccine at the links found below. Based on eligibility as a family member/health care worker, you can follow the links for “health care worker” on these sites. You can also reach out to your individual health care provider.
Please be prepared to explain as some vaccine providers may NOT be aware of eligibility for I/DD family members to receive the vaccine. Have all of your documentation on hand (the DDS letter AND a copy of your family member’s IPP/IFSP).
There is currently a high demand for and limited supply of the vaccine. Appointments are not always available quickly for those who want them. In the coming months, we expect that supplies will increase.
Phase 1A Vaccine Information as of January 13, 2021
Attached are letters from the Department of Developmental Services explaining the role of direct service employees, family members and certain regional center employees in caring for consumers and thus are prioritized for COVID-19 vaccination within Phase 1A:
- For Family Members of Persons Served by Regional Centers
- For Select Regional Center Employees
- For Direct Service Professionals/Employees
- Resources for Direct Services Employees
From the Department of Developmental Services and Department of Public Health
- Vaccines and Testing Information – DDS
- Vaccine FAQ’s from DDS – January 8, 2021
- CDPH Allocation Guidelines for COVID-19 Vaccine During Phase 1A: Recommendations
From Our County Partners in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
- Alameda County Vaccination Guidance and Resources: for Alameda County Residents, Employees, and Health Care Providers
- Contra Costa County Vaccine Information – January 12, 2021
Plain Language Information About Vaccines
Most Recent Posts
- Early Intervention- Tele-information Data Surveys
- Alternate Service Vendor Training Video
- HCBS Funding Applications Now Open
- Rate Changes Due to Minimum Wage Increase
- Community Training and Education
- Alternative Services and Supports Technical Assistance and Training
- CAPTAIN Study from San Diego State University
- New Hire Packet | Info For Review
- New Hire Packet | Forms
- Behavioral Health Treatment Insurance Coverage