creative young man

Living Out of Home: Ages 3-18

Children may live in residential homes at the request of their parents for various reasons. For children in foster care and who may have significant behavioral challenges, we support the county or CPS (Child Protective Services) with finding an available home or residence for the child. When there is a need to place a child, we can support you by finding an appropriate available situation. There may be fees assessed by the state to support that placement.

Depending on your individual diagnosis, functioning, needs and on community resources, the following services may be available to you as determined by policies established by our Board. State law requires, however, that we explore alternate sources of funding before using Regional Center funds. Your IPP (Individual Program Plan) identifies services and plans necessary for you to achieve your agreed-upon objectives and what will be funded.

Services Provided

by RCEB Staff:

  • Service Coordination — Person-Centered Individual Program Plan Development
  • Assessment & Consultation coordination
  • Clinical Consultation
  • Assessment for medical equipment
  • Referral for Institutional Deeming
  • Individual Education Program Support
  • Collaboration with other service agencies for supports — foster care, social services, education, juvenile courts, home administrators

Services Provided

RCEB Purchases From Community Programs and Clinicians:

  • Behavior Services
  • Specialized Program Support for Inclusion
  • Specialized Daycare
  • In-Home Respite
  • Out-of-Home Respite
  • Interpreter and Translator Services
  • Nursing Services
  • Medical Equipment and Supplies/Pharmaceutical
  • Counseling (specific to the individual situation)
  • Funding for Family Training
  • Incontinence Supplies (exceptional cases)
  • Medic Alert Services
  • Specialized Transportation (exceptional cases)
  • Residential Homes
  • Specialized Crisis Resources
  • Social Recreational Services