The Regional Center of the East Bay provides or coordinates quality services and supports that may include:
Adaptive Equipment and Supplies
- Durable medical equipment such as wheelchairs, bath equipment and personal lifts; small adaptive equipment items; dedicated communication devices that enable the consumer to further interact with his/her environment and leads to greater independence.
- When a consumer is in immediate danger of placement in a State Developmental Center, or needs to adjust to a new home or program, or when there is a facility which is not staffed to provide the appropriate level of supervision needed by the consumer’s temporary illness.
Behavioral Intervention Programs
- Assessment, training and consultation with family, care giver or program staff, for consumers who engage in behaviors that pose a serious threat to their living arrangement or program.
- For consumers less than 13 years old, when their parents work on a full-time basis or attend vocationally-oriented educational programs where their schedule cannot accommodate the child care need and who do not have a natural support system which provides child care.
Counseling Services and Psychotherapy
- For consumers involved with the criminal justice system, whose health and safety are at risk due to dangerous behavior, depression or excessive fear.
- For adults who have completed public school services to increase their skill levels, prepare for a maximum level of independence in their community and to prepare for work.
- For consumers between the ages of 5 and 18 who are incontinent of bowel/bladder with potential for skin breakdown.
Early Intervention and Prevention Services
- Tutors, assessment, ongoing consultation and monitoring for children under 3 years of age, with a diagnosis indicating autism or suspected autism.
Independent Living Services
- Training in areas necessary for persons to live independently without supervision and support services.
- home-Based and center-based stimulation programs, which encourage the development and adjustment of infants and maximize the ability of families to better provide for the special needs of their infants.
- To support consumers in community integration and independence through the use of public transportation.
- When a medical condition exists and there is a need for periodic, intermittent relief for the primary caregiver (respite) or continuous nursing intervention.
Parental and Genetic Services
- Genetic testing and counseling to any parent determined to be at high risk of having a developmental disabled infant.
- skills training for parents with a developmental disability, in order to maintain and strengthen the family unit and promote the development of the child.
Residential Service for Adults / Children
- For those who prefer to live in a licensed community care home, who need the care and supervision provided by such a facility.
- Intermittent relief to families who provide constant care and supervision to the consumer whose care needs are beyond that of persons without disabilities.
Specialized Medical and Dental Care
- Must be specifically related to the consumer’s developmental disability.
Supported Living Services
- Services and support for persons to live in homes that they own, lease or rent. Range of services and supports may include: assistance in finding a home; social, behavioral and daily living skills training and support; hiring and training individuals to provide personal care.
- Includes occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy to maximize essential skills and/or to maintain functioning.
- For adult consumers to attend a primary day program, when they are unable to safely use public transportation or when public transportation is not available.
- Access to Health Care for Safety and Well-Being
- Adult Day Service Options
- Advocacy Services
- Assessment and Diagnosis
- Case Management
- Consumer and Family Resource Center
- Individual and Family Support Groups
- Individualized Planning
- Information and Referral
- Resource Development Services
- Social / Recreational Programs
- Training and Education Opportunities for Individuals and Families
- Vocational Training/Supported Employment