Regional Center of the East Bay (RCEB) would like to thank you for filing out and submitting the survey regarding the types of services and supports to meet current and future needs of individuals and their families in the community.
The information gathered in this survey will be considered for new program development as part of the Community Resource Development Plan (CRDP). The goal of the CRDP is to expand the availability, accessibility, and types of services and supports to meet current and future needs of individuals and their families in the community. Limited funding from the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) will be available for program development.
Based on the information gathered from the surveys, RCEB will prioritize requesting start up funding to DDS for the following services:
1) A service provider for a specialized residential facility to serve 4 individuals who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and require staff fluent in American Sign Language.
2) 10 affordable housing units at a Multifamily development in Newark, California.
3) A special needs dental surgery resource for clients who may require dental work completed under sedation or general anesthesia.
4) A short term step down Specialized Residential Facility designed to work with adult clients transitioning from Community Crisis Home and other crisis facilities.
5) Behavioral respite that can provide supports to clients residing in the family home who may require Registered Behavior Technician level of staffing.
6) An employment services vendor that may be able to provide supports to adult clients interested in micro-enterprise or self-employment.