woman in wheelchair

Adult Years: Age 22 and Older

As you graduate and leave school, you will continue to have a case manager— someone trained to assist you and help you determine your plans for the present and future. Your case manager will listen to your specific concerns based on your diagnosis and your needs, then create a program of service and support tailored just for you.

Depending on your individual diagnosis, whether you are still eligible for special education, your functioning, needs and on community resources, the following services may be available to you as determined by policies established by our Board. State law requires, however, that we explore alternate sources of funding before using Regional Center funds. Your IPP (Individual Program Plan) identifies services and plans necessary for you to achieve your agreed-upon objectives and what will be funded.

Services Provided

by RCEB Staff:

  • Service Coordination — Person-Centered Individual Program Plan Development
  • Assessment & Consultation coordination
  • Clinical Consultation
  • Assessment for medical equipment
  • Collaboration with other service agencies for supports — social services, courts, home administrators, Department of Rehabilitation

Services Provided

RCEB Purchases From Community Programs and Clinicians:

  • Behavior Services
  • Specialized Program Support for Inclusion
  • Specialized Daycare (Kinship Care)
  • In-Home Respite(Kinship care)
  • Out-of-Home Respite (Camp-Kinship care)
  • Interpreter and Translator Services
  • Nursing Services
  • Medical Equipment and Supplies/Pharmaceutical
  • Counseling (specific to an individual situation)
  • Funding for Family Training
  • Incontinence Supplies (exceptional cases)
  • Medic Alert Services
  • Specialized Transportation
  • Specialized Crisis Resources
  • Adult Day Programs
  • Social Recreational Activities
  • Behavioral Day Program
  • Supported Employment
  • Paid Internship Program (PIP)
  • Competitive Integrated Employment Opportunities
  • Independent Living Services (ILS)
  • Personal Assistant through a Financial Management Service
  • Residential Homes:
    • Community Care Facility
    • Intermediate Care Facility
    • Community Crisis Home (CCH)
    • Enhanced Behavior Support Homes (EBSH)
    • Specialized Residential Facility (SRF)
    • Adult Residential Facility for People with Special Health Care Needs (ARFPSHN)
    • Adult Family Home Agency