- Getting Started: Am I Eligible?
- Appeals Process
- Family Fee Programs
- Client Trust
- Deaf Services
- Family Cost Participation Program
- RCEB Forms
- List of Service Providers
- Our Services
- What is Purchase of Service?
- Share Your Photos with RCEB
- Support Groups
How Can I Get Vaccinated?
Vaccine Information for Family Members – January 20, 2021
The letter below from the Department of Developmental Services clarifies that family members of certain people are “health care workers” pursuant to the State of California’s Vaccination Plan (https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/). Per the letter, the eligibility of these family members can be established by documentation from RCEB verifying the qualifying condition of the family member.
If your family member is served by RCEB, please use the individual’s Individual Program Plan (IPP) or Individual Family Service Plan(IFSP) as documentation. If you do not have a copy, please reach out to the case manager for your family member.
We cannot provide documentation for those who are NOT served by RCEB. However, if you believe you may be eligible for services please contact our intake department for information about how to apply. https://www.rceb.org/clients/am-i-eligible/
RCEB is NOT a vaccine provider. Please check with your county for information on how to access a COVID-19 vaccine at the links found below. Based on eligibility as a family member/health care worker, you can follow the links for “health care worker” on these sites. You can also reach out to your individual health care provider.
Please be prepared to explain as some vaccine providers may NOT be aware of eligibility for I/DD family members to receive the vaccine. Have all of your documentation on hand (the DDS letter AND a copy of your family member’s IPP/IFSP).
There is currently a high demand for and limited supply of the vaccine. Appointments are not always available quickly for those who want them. In the coming months, we expect that supplies will increase.
Phase 1A Vaccine Information as of January 13, 2021
Attached are letters from the Department of Developmental Services explaining the role of direct service employees, family members and certain regional center employees in caring for consumers and thus are prioritized for COVID-19 vaccination within Phase 1A:
- For Family Members of Persons Served by Regional Centers
- For Select Regional Center Employees
- For Direct Service Professionals/Employees
- Resources for Direct Services Employees
From the Department of Developmental Services and Department of Public Health
- Vaccines and Testing Information – DDS
- Vaccine FAQ’s from DDS – January 8, 2021
- CDPH Allocation Guidelines for COVID-19 Vaccine During Phase 1A: Recommendations
From Our County Partners in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
- Alameda County Vaccination Guidance and Resources: for Alameda County Residents, Employees, and Health Care Providers
- Contra Costa County Vaccine Information – January 12, 2021
Plain Language Information About Vaccines
Important Information for Families on Health Insurance Coverage of Behavioral Health Treatment for People with Autism or PDD/NOS announcements intended for Clients and Families.
- Most recent complete Federal 1040 Tax Form for family/individual (for clients age 3 and up only)
- The treatment plan from the Behavioral Health Treatment provider.
- Information on the frequency of treatment (e.g. 5 days per week). Usually part of the treatment plan.
- Summary of Benefits for your health insurance that includes information on the plan year, copayments or coinsurance amounts, and out of pocket maximums for the individual.
- For plans with deductibles and coinsurance: a copy of the billing statements/explanation of benefits from the health plan that indicate the deductible and /or copayments/coinsurance that is charged for Behavioral Health Treatment Services
The Internal Revenue Service is working with the Social Security Administration in an effort to get stimulus payments for SSA, SSI and RR recipients issued quickly and directly deposited into your account.